1. What is your role at HZ? Canvas?
My senior community manager position at HZ is part client-facing, part customer engagement and management through social platforms. I’m also responsible for reporting analytics, providing best practices and have been involved in integrating campaigns.
My community manager job at Canvas is in-person relationship building with members and potential members, as well as the greater creative and tech communities. I also assist in membership recruitment/outreach and operations. Since the transition, it’s a jack-of-all-trades situation.
2. When you’re not community managing at HZ or Canvas, what do you like to do with your time?
Church, traveling, reading, napping, listening to music, volunteering and traveling some more! My next trip is to New Orleans to assist in Katrina rebuilding efforts.
3. Go ahead—brag a little. What’s some recent work you’re really proud of/excited about?
Launching two hackathons at HZ, which hadn’t been done before. Introducing a new way to think, iterate and collaborate was a lot of work and a lot of fun.
4. Outside of work, what’s something you’re really excited about?
Supporting ongoing diversity initiatives in the tech/digital space and developing a presentation of Nigerian culture in October in honor of Nigeria’s 55th anniversary of independence.
5. What about the HZ/Canvas partnership are you looking forward to the most?
Collaborating with the creative community and hopefully reaching a younger generation interested in technology, advertising, and design.