1. How long have you been at HZ?
I’ve been with HZ just a little over four months—still a newbie!
2. Is there a design trend you really love (or hate)?
I wouldn’t say I hate any type of design. I do love working with monochromatic color palettes. When you work with limited colors, it really makes you think harder to come up with more interesting and intuitive design.
3. What other designers inspire you?
Paul Rand is such an inspiration. His work will always be considered clear, concise, and timeless. I also love illustrators like Oliver Jeffers and Owen Davey. They put their own spin on everything.
4. What would your absolute dream client be?
Hmm. I would have to say working for a publisher like Penguin Random House, illustrating and typesetting books.
5. Tell us a bit about your design—what influenced some of your decisions?
I chose to illustrate the cover of a children’s book of ABCs. I’m constantly making patterns and using organic shapes to add texture to objects. I thought this would be the perfect combination of the two.
You can find more of Arsh's work right here.